Fast, accurate, professional Japanese to English translation with over 20 years of experience.
Wagaya offers extensive experience in translation, business communication, and technical writing, with a focus on Japanese and English.
For any translation and writing needs, please get in touch.
Translation services overview
Professional Japanese-to-English translator with over 20 years of experience. English editor, proofreader, writer. Japanese/English branding consultation. Experience with subtitling, multilingual CMS-based site design.
Fields of translation specialty
- Technology: IT, Internet, e-commerce, computer hardware, software, networking
- Business: General business, commerce, economics, finance
- Marketing: Product and marketing overviews
- Organizational reports/news: International organizations/development
- Life sciences: Environment & ecology
Translation service notes
- Native English speaker. US citizen. Based in Japan.
- Rates vary with content, format, etc. (please inquire). Minimum 2000 English words/day translation output.
- Document with sample translations available upon request.
- Bank transfer (US or Japan) and PayPal accepted. NDAs are welcome.
- JETRO Business Japanese Proficiency Test, Level A (highest rating), Written and Oral
- Experienced with OmegaT CAT tools (compatible with TRADOS .tmx and .ttx files, among many other formats)
- B.A. Japanese and B.A. Economics, Washington University in St. Louis
- M.A. Economics, Tsukuba University Institute of Management and Public Policy, Japan
Representative project fields (partial list; projects are translation unless noted otherwise)
- Economics/finance: Securities alerts; market analysis reports; economics theses; financial audit reports
- Marketing: Japanese market product rebranding consultation; retail outlet marketing texts; marketing plans; brand awareness surveys
- General business: Annual reports; environmental reports; IP policy guidelines; corporate payroll system guidelines; electronics industry business and technical documents; trading system RFPs; business correspondence; industry news
- Legal: Environmental laws and regulations; business contracts
- Engineering: Software interfaces; industrial product manuals; evaluation reports
- Technology: Software localization texts; financial industry IT system proposals; IT product/service overviews
- Medical: Pharmaceutical press releases; clinical trial reports
- Patents: Patent translations (electronics, chemical, mechanical, etc.); patent application translation proofreading
- Other: ODA reports; tourism reports; hotel guide texts; music education texts; tourism web sites
Representative end clients (partial list)
- Manufacturing and construction: Sanyo; SONY; TOYOTA; Mitsubishi Electric; Takara Shuzo; FANCL; MDS; Asahi Kasei; Mitsubishi Chemical; Mitsubishi Gas; Furukawa; AISHIN; Ajinomoto; Canon; Nikon; Oji Paper; Schick; JVC; VW; Otsuka Pharmaceutical; Nippon Chemi-Con; Ryobi; Nippon Ham; Takenaka Construction; Token Construction; Subaru; Elsevier; Merck & Co.; UCC; Konica; Hitachi Zosen; Bayer; Sumitomo Metal Mining; TDK; Roche; Kurabo; Yamato; Roland; Shinetsu Polymer; Logitem; Bridgestone; Pfizer; NGK; OMRON; Nihon Koden; Mori Building
- Services and IT: SAP; Citibank; NTT IT; NTT Com; American Express; Dentsu; DIAM; Intage Co.; LINC Media; SoftBank; ANA; Nikkei BP; Honda Trading; Hitachi Document Solutions; Daiwa Royal Hotels; Tokio Marine; Mitsui & Co.; FUJITSU; TEPCO; Hakuyosha; WORKS Applications; Getty; Japan Post; Fuji Xerox; Trend Micro
- Industry bodies: Japanese Assoc. for Electronic Home Appliances; Japan Personal Computer Software Assoc.; Japan Bioindustry Assoc.; Information-technology Promotion Agency
- Government: Ministry of Environment; Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry; JICA; Washington State; ASOA; Cabinet Office; Advisory Committee on Energy
- Academia: The University of Tokyo; Nagoya Univ.; Tsukuba Univ. Institute of Management & Public Policy; Tsukuba Univ. School of Medicine; GIST; Kumamoto Univ.; Ochanomizu Univ.; GRIPS; Saitama Univ.